Microchip dsPIC processors are a very powerful, cost-effective solution.
They are digital signal controllers, a practical blend of DSP and microcontroller.
Providing the capability for audio processing and motor control, they are readily utilised in many products and applications today.
For audio applications.
● DSP capability
● codec interfaces (I2S and AC97) and
● up to 2 on-chip analogue-to-digital converters (1 LSB accuracy, 10-bit @ 4 Msps or 12-bit @ 500 ksps)
For motor control applications.
They provide a quadrature encoder interface and sophisticated motor control PWMs.
On-chip motor control PWMs support:
● Three-Phase AC Induction Motor (ACIM)
● Switched Reluctance Motor
● Brushless DC (BLDC) Motor
● Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
● Independent Power Factor Correction (PFC) in a motor system
● Induction cooking systems
● DC motor control systems
● Single-phase inverter control
● and Single-phase ACIM control
At Bluefruit, we have all the compilers, tools and debuggers required to make developing a dsPIC into your product simple, and to this day dsPICs are one of our favourite choices of embedded processors.