Groundbreaking, digital point-of-care producer gets the outcomes they need
For three years, our client has worked closely with Bluefruit Software to develop and take to market a world first point-of-care testing system. The product has been widely recognised for its technical innovation and design.
Initially, we were asked to provide consultation on connectivity and integration so that the unit could interface with healthcare platforms like EMIS. The consultation led to our team developing Windows software for the product aimed at healthcare practitioners.
Impressed with our solution, our client asked us to start development of the embedded firmware for their testing unit. Automated diagnostics was a critical feature. We created imaging software, that used machine vision, enabling the camera within the device to recognise colour combinations on a test strip within the testing cap. The software compares the identified colour to the assay library allowing for rapid and accurate automated diagnosis.
Using Lean-Agile practices ensured regular releases, clearer requirements gathering and short feedback loops. This coordination enabled our client to closely collaborate with us on high-quality software.
Our team is currently supporting the client to achieve CE approval and later worldwide regulatory approvals.
- Aligning project methodologies
- Writing software for an existing hardware platform
- Medical analysis via image capture and colour recognition with an unpredictable source
What our client gained:
- IEC 62304 experienced developers
- Lean-Agile embedded software experts with a focus on quality
- Software that implemented effective machine vision
- A working iteration of software every two weeks
- Regular technology demos to support continued investment
- Proof of concepts to prove product capabilities
- Short feedback loops between development, testing and releases
- A responsive development team that enabled the project to pivot on demand